A Reference Summary of Halesworth Information
The following information is a quick 'at-a-glance' compilation of just some of the useful things you may wish to
know about Halesworth. You may also wish to consult our informative maps, which give street names and the
locations of places of interest.
To view an informative map of the central area click here or to see a map of the wider town and the immediate area, from which you can zoom in to different sections click here.
Postcode (central area): IP19 8AB
Map Grid Ref: TM 386776
East Suffolk Council (website).
Workers’ Educational Association (WEA) Halesworth branch. Tel: 01986 872219.
- Suffolk Building Society 61 Thoroughfare, Halesworth, Suffolk IP19 8AR. Tel: 01986 875133
Bus stops throughout the town with services to Norwich, Southwold, Beccles and local villages.
See 'Travel Information' section of our Useful Links.
Children's Play Areas:
- Town Park, Saxons Way Halesworth, Suffolk
- Basley Park, Bramfield Road, Halesworth, Suffolk
- Dairy Hill, Halesworth, Suffolk
Churches and Places of Worship:
- St Mary's Church, Steeple End, Halesworth, Suffolk IP19 8LL. (Team Rector)
Bellringers ~ contact Jason on 01986 873336
- Methodist Church, London Road, Halesworth, Suffolk IP19 8LG
- United Reformed Church, Quay Street, Halesworth, Suffolk IP19 8ER.
- St Edmund King and Martyr Roman Catholic Church, Church Farm Lane, Halesworth, Suffolk IP19 8SY
- Halesworth Community Church, School Farm, Cratfield, Suffolk IP19 0BU. (website)
- Halesworth Volunteer Centre Community Car Service. Booking line open Monday – Wednesday 10am – 1pm Tel: 01986 874290
- Halesworth Area Community Transport. The Railway Station, Station Road, Halesworth, Suffolk IP19 8BZ. Tel: 01986 875900 (website)
- Pathfinder Bus Service (runs Monday – Saturday). Contact the Suffolk Links office 8:15am – 4pm. Tel: 0845 604 1802 (option 5)
Thursday. NB Some shops close all day.
Halesworth and District Twinning Society:
Secretary: 01986 873941.
Halesworth is twinned with Eitorf, near Köln in Germany, and Bouchain, SW of Lille in France. The Society run various joint events and visits (Facebook page).
Leisure and Recreation:
- Halesworth Millennium Green, Halesworth, Suffolk. The largest Millennium Green in England.
Access points are at IP19 8EN, IP19 8ET, IP19 8HG, IP19 8HQ and IP19 8RT. Tel: 01986 872268. (website)
- Click here to find a wide range of Leisure and Recreation in the Halesworth area
Library (Suffolk County Council):
Halesworth Library, Bridge Street, Halesworth, Suffolk IP19 8AB (north end of Thoroughfare). Tel: 01986 875095.
Has Bus Timetables and other Information available. Photocopying. Internet computers.
Open 9:30am to 5:30pm Tuesday, Wednesday and opens until 6pm on Fridays.
Closed all day Thursday, restricted opening Sunday and Monday.
- Halesworth Market held every Wednesday 8am – 2pm in the Market Place, Halesworth IP19 8BA
- Country Market held every Friday 10am – 11:15am in St Mary's Church Hall, Steeple End, Halesworth, Suffolk IP19 8LL
- Produce Market: 2nd Saturday in the month 9am – 1pm. The Old Print Works, Thoroughfare, Halesworth, Suffolk IP19 8AP
- Cutlers Hill Doctors Surgery (in grounds of Patrick Stead Hospital), Bungay Road, Halesworth, Suffolk IP19 8SG.
Tel: 01986 874618. Own parking.
- Minor Injuries Unit. Located at Cutlers Hill Surgery, Bungay Road, Halesworth, Suffolk IP19 8SG. Monday – Friday 8:30am – 6pm
- Outdoor Gym, Basley Park, Bramfield Road, Halesworth, Suffolk
- Click here to find a wide range of Medical, Health and Complimentary Therapies in the Halesworth area
- Halesworth & District Museum, The Railway Station, Station Road, Halesworth, Suffolk IP19 8BZ.
Tel: 07552 508893 when museum is open. (website)
- Halesworth Airfield Memorial Museum, Sparrowhawk Way, Upper Holton, Halesworth, Suffolk IP19 8NH. Tel: 01986 875084
- Pay and Display at Thoroughfare car park
- Pay and Display at car parks in Angel Link
- Pay and Display at car park in Station Road, close to junction with Quay Street
- Pay and Display at car park off roundabout at junction of Bridge Street/Norwich Road
- Market Place – Free for 2 hours with restrictions on Wednesday (Market Day).
- Car parking at Train Station in Station Road, for train users only
- Disabled parking spaces at Thoroughfare end of Thoroughfare Car Park
Halesworth Post Office, 53 - 54 Throughfare, Halesworth, Suffolk IP19 8AR. Tel: 01986 873146.
Open Monday – Friday 8:30am – 5:15pm, Saturday 8:30am – 1pm.
Edgar Sewter Community Primary School, Norwich Road, Halesworth, Suffolk IP19 8BU. Tel: 01986 873194.
- Market Place, Halesworth IP19 8BA
- Town Park public toilet block (close to river, near underpass to and accessible from Thoroughfare Car Park)
- RADAR key-operated toilet for the disabled, at Thoroughfare end of Thoroughfare Car Park
Bins for various items located at Co-Operative, Saxons Way, Halesworth, Suffolk IP19 8LU
Sustrans National Cycle Network:
Sustrans National Route 1 (Dover - Shetland Islands) passes right through the centre of Halesworth.
Halesworth Station, Station Road, Halesworth, Suffolk IP19 8BZ. Limited car parking.
Situated on the East Suffolk Line (London Liverpool Street - Ipswich – Lowestoft).
See also the 'Travel Information' section of our Useful Links.
Tourist Information (literature):
- at Halesworth & District Museum, The Railway Station, Station Road, Halesworth, Suffolk IP19 8BZ. Tel: 01986 875351
- some also at the Library, Bridge Street, Halesworth, Suffolk IP19 8AB. Tel: 01986 875095
Should you need more information on anything mentioned here Halesworth Library should be able to assist.
Great care has been taken in compiling this information, which is checked regularly for accuracy,
and any errors or omissions are regretted.